View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:08 am

Welcome
Welcome to spacedwarfsonline

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. In addition, registered members also see less advertisements. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Squats in a new book? 
Warrior

Post Squats in a new book?
Has anybody read that there are different types of mutants in one of the horus heresy series of fw books. Apparently one of the types gives a bonus to toughness and a penalty to initiative....

I dig how in a setting where giant, muscled fungus men ride Mad Max cars and use their own teeth as currency, the concept of little engineering dudes with beards was considered a step too far down the aisle of silliness.

Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:20 am
Report this post
Servitor

Post Re: Squats in a new book?
yeah it is in the IG type organization ... had a look through it .. in the book tempest ... to build you own heresy era human based army ...

the rule in question is 'abhuman helots' the description doesn't really fit in with squats though .. it is dealing more with the semi feral races that can be pressed into slavery of sorts as meat shields...

'survivors of the dark age' seems to fit more with squats i would think ... but i haven't read hardly any history dealing with the squats during the timeline of the books ...

Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 am
Report this post
Legends of the forge

Going by the old fluff, Squats were discovered by the Iron Warriors during the Great Crusade. The Squats refused to give up their independence and the Imperium could not overcome them, so worked out an alliance. The fighting against the Squats was so fierce, a new mark of power armour was developed - the Iron Armour worn by the Iron Warriors Legion - with armour reduced on the back so that it could be thickened on the front.

The Squats played no part in the Horus Heresy.

Codex: Demiurg Warhost - http://www.focusedfirepower.co.uk/wp-co ... arhost.pdf

Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:19 pm
Report this post
Servitor

awesome did not know that ... need to read more up on the history and such of the warhammer world ...

Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:59 am
Report this post
Legends of the forge

A lot of it is very hard to find. Even newer copies of stories that included Squats in them were edited to remove them.

When I started the Demiurg Warhost codex, i trawled ebay for every book that had rules and background for them. A few may have cropped up as engineers working within the Imperium, but as an entity in their own right they weren't involved.

Codex: Demiurg Warhost - http://www.focusedfirepower.co.uk/wp-co ... arhost.pdf

Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:51 am
Report this post
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]